Robert Mino is an attorney licensed to practice law in Florida. He is a Member of the Florida Bar and is a registered patent attorney with the US Patent and Trademark Office. In addition to being a patent attorney, Mr. Mino is a business attorney and enjoys working with clients on a variety of legal matters, with his primary practice areas being those necessary to help entrepreneurs and small business with their legal needs.
• Certificate (Intellectual Property Law, Copyright), Harvard Law School
• JD (focus: Business Law and Intellectual Property Law), University of Florida
• MS (Molecular Biology and Pharmacology), University of Florida
• MBA (focus: Entrepreneurship and Marketing), University of Florida
• BS (Genetics), University of Georgia
• Regulatory Affairs Certificate: Medical Devices and Pharmaceuticals, RAPS*
• Registered Patent Attorney, United States Patent and Trademark Office
• Member, Florida Bar
• Admitted to Practice, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Virtual In House Counsel
Mr. Mino is the ideal virtual in house counsel. Many attorneys went straight from a non-science, non-business undergraduate degree into their legal education, then straight to a law firm. Although some of those attorneys are excellent firm lawyers, their only commercial experience is the maximization of billable client hours. In addition to a scientific education and an MBA, Mr. Mino has earned extremely prestigious awards in sales, notably President’s Club and the Entrepreneurial Leader award, each from fortune 1000 companies, and has lead strategic marketing for a $500M product line. Mr. Mino has been a VP of Business Development, VP of Sales and Marketing, and Sr. Director of Commercialization – all in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and related fields.
An extremely unique individual, ideal for in house counsel. Benefits of having Attorney Robert P. Mino on your team:
- JD, MBA, MS (Medical Sciences), Regulatory Affairs Certificates, and corporate experience.
- A Patent Attorney with an MBA and Commercial Experience understands why patents are business tools.
- Mr. Mino reviews and negotiates contracts with the training of an attorney and the experience of a VP of Sales.
- Understands the interplay between QA, QC, operations, commercial needs, regulatory interaction, and commercialization channels.
- Experience with CMS, GAO, government bids, and international pricing strategy.
- Leads HR investigations under attorney-client privilege, has filed EEOC responses.
- Due diligence experience – rare patent, regulatory, scientific, and business experience provides full diligence support.
Looking for a member of your leadership team who can fill many roles? Mr. Mino is a well rounded business-experienced leader with multi-functional leadership experience. Unlike most attorneys, Mr. Mino has been an executive in many roles including general manager, sales, marketing, business development, quality, and regulatory affairs. In light of his experience, Mr. Mino provides advice which takes many factors into account. As a member of your leadership bench, Mr. Mino is capable of filling needs across many roles. Unlike large law firms, which will simultaneously bill several attorneys on your matter to obtain similar broad knowledge, Mr. Mino is capable of providing holistic advice at a single billable hour.
Patents are the lifeblood of innovation. Mr. Mino is first and foremost a business attorney and understands that patents are but one of many tools used by companies and individuals in order to generate a return on investment for their inventive activities. For this reason, Mr. Mino always works with his clients to determine the best form of IP protection to meet their individual needs, whether a patent or some other form of IP protection.
Regulatory Affairs / FDA /FTC Law
Mr. Mino holds educational credentials in the regulatory affairs arena, having obtained several certificates from the Regulatory Affairs Professional Society, of which he is an active member, two degrees in scientific fields, and a Juris Doctor (a doctorate degree in law). Mr. Mino has personally led a team, on which he was a personal participant, which build a cGMP and ISO 17025 audited quality system for drug and medical device testing services. He also served as general manager for a contract analytical testing laboratory in the medical devices field and in house counsel in pharmaceuticals. He has also served multiple dietary supplement clients and has provided advice on a significant number of dietary supplement product labels. During these tenures, Mr. Mino was part of the team which drafted regulatory submissions, including FDA 483 responses, pre-market notifications, and other filings.
Trademark law is one of Mr. Mino’s favorite areas of law. Trademark law touches all areas of commerce and is governed in some part under international, federal, and state laws. Trademarks allow consumers to identify the source of products and services. Without trademarks, companies would not be able to build customer loyalty, a quality reputation, or goodwill. Mr. Mino works with clients to help secure their trademark rights.
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) defines a trademark as a brand name. A trademark or service mark includes any word, name, symbol, device, or any combination, used or intended to be used to identify and distinguish the goods/services of one seller or provider from those of others, and to indicate the source of the goods/services. Although federal registration of a mark is not mandatory, it has several advantages, including notice to the public of the registrant’s claim of ownership of the mark, legal presumption of ownership nationwide, and exclusive right to use the mark on or in connection with the goods/services listed in the registration. A patent attorney can help you obtain a patent on your invention. Patents, if granted, offer the owner the right to make, use, and sell the invention covered in their patent and the right to exclude others from making, using, or selling their patented invention during the life of the patent.
*Attorney does not maintain a RAC Certification.